Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brave

Spoiler warning, but who really cares?



I'm going to be honest: Brave was above average at best. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say who gives a shit, but it's a solid 7/10...wait, hear me out. First off, we have the faux Scottish accents, then we have shoehorned Scottish folk-pop music completely destroying atmosphere, a played out plot device (teenager doesn't want to do what their parent wants? HOW ORIGINAL), and a horrible morality lesson (if you want to change your fate, turn your mom into a bear).

Outside of these complaints, my most positive reaction was to the art. The hair was astounding, the scenery was breathtaking, and the characters were the best looking Pixar has made so far. However, as I said, the story is flat, the characters are cute but parodies, and overall the film is bland.

I'd still put it above Cars though.

No comments:

Post a Comment